- Pre-registration is required for all programs unless otherwise stated.
- Registrations are accepted online, in person, fax, mail and drop-off.
- Drop off points include:
- The Parks & Recreation Reception Desk, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- The Shoreview Community Center Service Desk during Community Center Hours
- The after-hours payment box, located to the left of the front door of City Hall.
- Registrations processed online are given immediate priority followed by in person registration. Registrations received via mail, fax, or drop-off are processed as time permits.
- A resident is defined as an individual whose legal residential address is within the City of Shoreview. Proof of residency may be required.
- Participants will be notified if classes are filled or cancelled.
- Activity fees will not be pro-rated.
- Full payment is due at time of registration.
- Make all checks payable to: "City of Shoreview". Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, & Discover are accepted.
- Confirmations will be issued only by e-mail. You can view your class confirmation information online.
- Financial aid for qualifying residents with financial limitations is available. Please contact our office for more information at 651.490.4750.
- The City of Shoreview supports participation by persons with disabilities. Please include information about any accommodations you need.
- Voice/TDD: 651.490.4750.
Cancellations & Refunds
Below is a general guideline on refunds, however, the refund policy varies by program. Please contact our office at 651.490.4750 regarding cancellation of special programs such as Summer Discovery and Preschool.
- A full refund will be given if the class/activity is cancelled by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Refunds may be issued when requested 5 working days before the activity/class begins or if requested prior to the deadline date unless otherwise noted in the class description. A service charge of $5 will be deducted from refunds.
- Refunds requested after the class start date must be approved by a program coordinator and may be pro-rated. Please contact our office to be transferred to the program coordinator.
- Refunds are issued by check or household credit only. We are unable to issue refunds to credit cards or by cash.
Age/grade restrictions are set to benefit the child and to provide effective group instruction. Parents should contact the program supervisor for approval if their child is not in the correct age group. Youth sports leagues do not allow participants to play above or below their age/grade level.
Day Care Groups
Providers are welcome to enroll their daycare children in activities; however, parents must sign individual forms and pay fees according to their residency. The daycare provider may be listed as an emergency contact.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, some activities may require time changes. All participants will be notified via email or phone call if a change or cancellation occurs.
Photographs & Video
Periodically, the City of Shoreview will take pictures or videotapes of participants while they are engaged in programs, activities, or special events or while enjoying parks or other facilities. Please note that these photos may appear in city brochures and publications, local newspapers, on local cable television, and/or on the city web page. If you or your family members do not wish to be photographed or published, you must give written notice.
It is our intent to provide recreation programs that meet your expectations of a meaningful leisure experience. The Shoreview Parks and Recreation Department guarantees you will be satisfied with recreation classes, programs or events in which you participate. If you are not completely satisfied with our service, we want to know. We will listen to your complaint and attempt to rectify your concerns, or transfer your registration fees to another program or session. Our department is committed to excellence. Your suggestions and comments are valued and welcomed.