Pickleball is a combination of tennis, badminton, and ping pong played by four people on a badminton size court with paddles and a plastic polyball. It is great exercise, easy to learn and lots of fun. Come see what the excitement is all about!
Join the Club!
Shoreview Area Pickleball Club
We're happy to welcome you to the fastest growing sport for adults in the country. Pickleball is fun and easy to learn with a variety of play options available for everyone at any skill level. The choice is yours in the Shoreview Area Pickleball Club. Join our club and give it a try...you will be happy you did!
When you join the SAPC, you receive exclusive benefits for your membership:
- Dedicated court time
- Free training for beginners
- E-mail updates on gatherings and club news
$15 Annual Membership, Activity #520200-01 Sign-up online or at the Parks & Recreation Office located on the upper level of the Community Center. Membership is good from January-December. Membership fee is used for basic expenses like balls, paddles, nets and print materials.
Dedicated Pickleball Courts
Bobby Theisen Park (6 dedicated pickleball courts)
- 8:00 - 11:00 am Monday - Friday
- 6:00 - 8:00 pm Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
Commons Park (6 Pickleball courts striped on tennis courts)
- 8:30 - 11:00 am Monday, Wednesday, Friday is designed for "beginner & social players". (see note below)
People new to Pickleball and interested in learning the game are encouraged to attend the "beginner & social players" sessions at Commons Park to play with other beginning players before jumping straight into games at Bobby Theisen with more experienced players. Beginner/social sessions are led by Shoreview Area Pickleball Club President John Malmgren. Interested people should contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-
Drop-In Pickleball (ages 18 & up)
Shoreview Community Center (4 courts)
- Monday – Friday..............8:30 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
- October 2 - April 27...............$3 or free to members
- Closed Oct. 19 & 20, Nov. 23 & 24, Dec. 25, Jan. 15, & Feb. 19
Island Lake School (6 courts)
- Wednesdays..................... 6:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
- Oct. 4 – April 25.................$3 per person
- Closed Nov. 22
DROP-IN PICKLEBALL PUNCH CARD: $30
Punch card has 11 punches and is good for both drop-in locations. Available for purchase at the Parks & Recreation Office, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm, 651.490.4750.