Shoreview Community Center
Banquet Room Policies (revised 7/23/18)
All of us at the Shoreview Community Center are prepared to do what it takes to make your event a success. To help with this, we ask that you or the organization contact person carefully read this material, share the information with your group, and abide by this. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.
By signing our Facility Permit and Contract form, you and/or your organization agree to adhere to the following rules and policies. Renter is defined as the individual or organization named on the Facility Permit and Contract.
Hours of Use
- The hours of the Community Center are Monday-Friday, 5:00am-10:00pm and Saturday/Sunday, 6am-8pm.
- Meeting Room rentals are permitted from 8am-9:45pm (Monday-Friday) and 8am-7:45pm (Saturday/Sunday).
- Banquet Room rentals are permitted from 8am-10:00pm (Monday-Thursday), 8am-12:00am (Friday and Saturday), and 2pm-8:00pm (Sunday). Additional hours for Friday-Sunday rentals are available for rent with additional fees. The additional time must be added no later than 30 days prior to your event.
- Shoreview Community Center Rental contact information
- The Rental team is available to take your calls Monday – Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm with extended evening hours on Tuesday and Thursday. We make every effort to return phone calls within one business day.
- An appointment is required for a tour or an event walk-through. Please contact us to make your appointment.
- Resident fees apply to anyone who lives in Shoreview at the time of booking. The resident of Shoreview must pay for the room rental, damage deposit, sign the contract, and arrange all tours and appointments.
- Fifty percent of the room fee is due at the time of booking. The remaining fifty percent and the damage deposit are due 30 days prior to the event. Reservations with an unpaid balance due after this time are subject to cancellation without a refund.
- Groups claiming non-profit status will be required to submit a MN tax exempt form ST-3 at the time of booking.
- One contact person who is 18 years or older will need to be designated to make all the arrangements for your rental.
- Renter or designee must complete a checkout walk-through with our staff at the conclusion of the event.
- Renter may only use the facility/facilities that have been identified and approved on the contract.
- Access to the rented facility will be granted during the time specified on the contract. Renter will not have access to the room before the rental time.
- All rentals must conclude room activity by the stated completion time on your contract.
- All persons attending an event on SVCC property shall abide by the policies of the Shoreview Community Center. At their discretion, the SVCC staff may:
- Order the removal of any offender
- Order immediate removal of all alcoholic beverages from premises
- Revoke the rental contract immediately and order all persons from premises.
- The Renter shall assume full responsibility for any unlawful act(s) committed in the exercise of the permit.
- The Renter may not sublet the facility, transfer, or reassign the reservation.
- For the sake of fire safety, the Shoreview Community Center strictly enforces room capacity limits. This means that the number of guests attending your event (including children) is prohibited from exceeding: a. 300 people-Shoreview Room, b. 250 people-Community Room, c. 118 people-Snail Lake-½ Community Room, d. 136 people-Turtle Lake- ½ Community Room.
Food and Beverages
- Renter may bring in their own food and non-alcoholic beverages for rentals in the Community Room, Shoreview Room, and Meeting Rooms.
- A Renter who brings in their own food and beverages will not be granted access to refrigerators or any kitchen facility for the duration of the rental.
- No food prepping will be allowed unless the kitchen has been rented with a valid state of Minnesota caterer’s license.
- All chafing dishes used must be NSF commercial grade. Disposable chafing dishes are prohibited.
- No loose popcorn is permitted.
- Kitchen use is only available for rentals occurring in the Shoreview Room or Community Room during your rental time.
- Access to the kitchen requires payment of an additional rental fee.
- Access to the kitchen will only be granted to caterers licensed in the state of Minnesota. A copy of the caterer’s license must be submitted to the Rental Team 14 days prior to your event. The kitchen will not be opened unless the caterer’s certificate is on file with the Shoreview Community Center. We cannot accept any caterer’s license on the day of your event.
- Please note: Dan Good (Dan Goode) Catering and Moe’s of Mounds View are not allowed to work in our facility.
- Alcohol can only be served for events occurring in the Shoreview Room or the Community Room.
- The Shoreview Community Center requires that all alcoholic beverages must be purchased from and served by our exclusive alcohol providers, Green Mill Shoreview and Shore96 of Shoreview.
- Please contact the alcohol provider for prices and service information.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed outside of the designated banquet rooms.
- Final service of alcoholic beverages shall be thirty minutes before the end of the rental. Last call should be announced 15 minutes prior to bar closing.
- Bartenders will not serve any attendee who appears overly intoxicated.
- The group, individual, or organization using the Community Center must provide adequate adult supervision for the entire time that participants are in the building or on Community Center grounds.
- Minors must be well supervised by an adult(s) 18 years old or older and should stay in designated rooms at all time during your event. Renters and their guests may use the facilities, including the pool, track, fitness center, and playground only with the purchase of an admission wristband at the lower level Service Desk. Admission wristbands are not included with the reservation.
- Inadequate supervision of minors may result in loss of the damage deposit.
Room Set Ups
- The SVCC will provide the tables, chairs, and AV equipment associated with the rental. Table linens, decorations, and kitchen supplies must be rented through an outside company.
- Thirty days prior to your event, the Renter will need to complete a walk-through with our staff to finalize your set up and AV requirements, discuss plans for decorations, provide information on any deliveries, and review our policies.
- The Renter is responsible for relaying any event information (setup, a/v, etc.) to the SVCC at least 30 days prior to the event. Significant changes on the day of the event will be subject to an assessed fee.
- Shoreview Community Center Staff will complete room set ups by the event start time.
- Any 3rd party deliveries must be scheduled during your reservation time. Please let the rental team know of any special deliveries as this may affect your room set up.
- The Shoreview Community Center provides audio-visual equipment at no additional fee.
- The Renter must request AV equipment in advance, either at time of reservation or during the pre-event walk-through.
- The following items are available:
- When using a screen and projector, it is best to use SVCC provided laptops. The SVCC cannot ensure the Renter’s equipment will work with our screen/projector. All SVCC equipment is PC-compatible only.
- Renter may bring in their own AV equipment; however, the SVCC will not provide any technical support.
- Media should be stored on a flash drive or DVD. Media may not be copied onto SVCC laptops.
- It is highly recommended that the Renter test their media on our equipment prior to their event. Please schedule an appointment with the rental team.
- SVCC Staff will set up the AV equipment as directed by the Renter. The Renter shall be responsible for the timing and operation of the AV equipment.
- Renter should contact a Manager on Duty if there are AV issues during the event.
- The SVCC will neither store, nor take responsibility for, Renter’s media devices and personal AV equipment.
- Renter or their designee shall complete all decorating duties.
- Affixing anything to the floor, ceiling, wood molding or lights is strictly prohibited.
- If you are planning to affix items to the walls or tables, you must use 3M Command Hooks or blue painters’ tape. Stick-on table skirts are prohibited.
- Decorating the public areas (bathrooms, entrance, lobby, etc) is not permitted unless prior approval is received from SVCC staff.
- Installation of decorations may not inconvenience any other group.
- Emergency exits and doorways must not be blocked and a 36” clearance must be maintained at all times.
- Candles must be in non-flammable containers (i.e., votive, hurricane candle, etc). Open pillars and candlesticks are prohibited.
- Confetti, piñatas, glitter, bird seed, rice, rose petals, feathers, or other like items are strictly prohibited.
- All decorations must be removed at the conclusion of the event. We will not allow items to be stored overnight.
- Sound levels for bands & audio equipment will be monitored by management to ensure a level appropriate for the room size. Sound levels shall not disturb other customers using the facility.
- All music will cease at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled rental end time.
- Entertainers are required to leave the building at the rental end time to avoid additional rental time being charged against the room damage deposit.
- Fog Machines are strictly prohibited in our facility.
Renter is responsible for the following clean up before leaving the building:
- Put all trash in the trash receptacles. Recycling containers are available for items such as cans, plastic bottles, and paper.
- Have caterer clean up the kitchen.
- Remove all decorations. The SVCC is not responsible for any items left on site by Renter or any of the Renter’s vendors.
- Have all belongings out of the building by the contract’s end time. This includes any 3rd party rentals and catering.
- On Friday and Saturday evenings, Renter shall clean up and remove all belongings from the building no later than midnight, or 1am if an additional hour was purchased in advance and pre-approved.
Renter is responsible for the appropriate conduct of all the group members and guests, and for any loss, breakage, or damage to the rooms, equipment, or other SVCC property. Renter shall assume full responsibility for any damages not covered by the event deposit.
The City of Shoreview cannot be liable for any loss, damage, injury, or illness by the users of the facility. The City cannot be held responsible for any items that are left at the facility by the Renter or contracted service provider. The Renter using City-owned facility, equipment, and other items, assumes all liability for any personal injuries and property damage caused by the negligence of the Renter and its employees, officials, agents, and invitees.
Damage Deposits for the Banquet Rooms
The contract holder is responsible for all damages incurred to the room during the rental time. Failure to comply with rental policies will result in the forfeiture of your damage deposit. At our discretion, the Shoreview Community Center reserves the right to retain damage deposit fees. Damage deposits are refunded by check within 14 business days following the rental date if all the contractual obligations have been satisfied and there is no damage to the facility or its contents. Checks will be sent in the mail to the address we have on file.
Shoreview Room, Wedell Community Room, and ½ Community Room reservation deposits are non-refundable. All cancellations must be submitted in writing.