All of us at the Shoreview Community Center are prepared to do what it takes to make your event a success. To help with this, we ask that your contact person carefully read this material, share the information with your group, and abide by this. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.
- Rental times listed on your rental receipt include your set up and clean up time.
- Once a reservation has been authorized, the contract holder may not transfer or sublet to another party the use of the reserved facility without approval from the Shoreview Community Center.
- The reservation fee and the applicable taxes must be paid in full upfront. The $50 refundable damage deposit and the optional $25 beer and wine permit must be paid for at least 30 days prior to the reservation date. Fees paid for pavilion usage and/or beer & wine permit are non-refundable.
- The Pavilion will be open based on the times outlined on your rental receipt. Upon arrival, check in at the lower level Service Desk inside the Community Center. Upon check in, the Manager on Duty will unlock the Pavilion.
- Pounding of stakes into the ground is prohibited due to many underground electrical wires and irrigation lines. Tents, canopies, and jump houses must use weights and be erected in the designated areas.
- The Pavilion has restrooms available for each rental group and will be open during the rental period.
- A fireplace is available for your enjoyment. You may request use of the fireplace the day of the event with the Manager on Duty. The fireplace will not be turned on if it is over 80 degrees outside.
- Garbage and recycling containers are provided in the picnic area. The renter is expected to do general cleaning of the facility prior to leaving. Extra garbage containers will be provided upon request.
- Charcoal grills (2) are available with the rental of the pavilion. Renter must provide charcoal and utensils. Renters may leave ashes in grill for Community Center cleaning. Do not dispose of ashes in garbage containers.
- There are no kitchen facilities located in the pavilion for refrigeration, cleaning or tap water.
- Outlets are available for usage inside the Pavilion.
- No amplified music is allowed in the Pavilion or surrounding picnic area.
- Permanent picnic tables (under shelter) are available for seating up to 125 guests.
The contract holder is responsible for all damages incurred to the room during the rental time. Failure to comply with rental policies will result in the forfeiture of your damage deposit. At our discretion, the Shoreview Community Center reserves the right to retain damage deposit fees. Damage deposits are refunded by check within 14 business days following the rental date if all the contractual obligations have been satisfied and there is no damage to the facility or its contents.
The serving of intoxicating beverages is restricted to beer and wine only. No other type of liquor may be served and/or provided at the Pavilion. The serving of beer and wine is restricted to those individuals, companies or organizations who are granted an Intoxicating Beverage Permit by the City of Shoreview. The cost of the permit is $25.00 + tax. Upon receipt of payment, the City of Shoreview will issue a one-day permit to serve beer and wine at the Pavilion. The renter is responsible to have the permit in their possession during the rental time. Keg beer and boxed wine must be served in paper or plastic cups. Non-keg beer must be served in cans or plastic bottles. Glass is not allowed. The sale of beer and wine is strictly prohibited at the Pavilion. All beer and wine must be consumed in the picnic area (concrete slab). Local ordinances and state laws regarding the use of alcohol must be adhered to at all times.
We are not able to issue refunds for cancellations. Please make your decision carefully before choosing to book your event.
The Shoreview Community Center is not responsible for any loss, damage, injury, or illness by the users of the facilities within the Community Center or on the surrounding grounds. The City of Shoreview will not be held responsible for items that are left at the facility.