Welcome to the Tropics Indoor Waterpark! Please take time to read our general information and policies. This information will ensure that your group has an enjoyable and safe experience.
- Reservations are required for groups of 35 or more.
- Final headcount and payment are due prior to your reservation date. We do not provide refunds on unused wristbands.
- If your group is tax exempt, the ST3 form is due at the time of payment in order to receive the tax exempt rate.
- Pool groups outside of regular water park hours require a minimum of paid persons in order to use the water park amenities. If your group arrives with less than the required minimum, you are still allowed to use the facility, but will not be refunded for the extra admissions. Pool groups that have reservations during regular waterpark hours are not required to meet the minimums.
Group minimums for our pools:
- Tropics Indoor Waterpark: 50 people
- Bamboo Bay: 35 people
- Tropics Indoor Waterpark and Bamboo Bay: 150 people
- Chaperones receive complimentary admission and are encouraged to be in the water with their group. All children ages 6 and under must be accompanied in the water by a chaperone.
- An estimated headcount for your group is due at the time of booking. Please contact us as soon as possible if your headcount changes by more than 10.
- Please note that the Rental Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. You can reach the rental team at 651-490-4790 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are receiving the group rate, payment will need to come from a single payer. We will not accept payment from individual group members.
- If you are planning on bringing money for the Wave Café, it is crucial to inform staff when booking your event so we can plan accordingly.
- Outside food is not permitted in the common areas of the building. Rooms are available for rent if you choose to bring in outside food. Please contact us you need a location to eat lunch. Our space is limited and rooms may not be available.
IMPORTANT: Please follow the signs in the parking lot to the lower level entrance for bus drop offs and pickups. If your reservation is on a Tuesday in the months of June through October, please drop off at the lower level and then park the buses at the upper parking lot. We appreciate your help in passing this along to the bus drivers
- Safety breaks may occur at the quarter hour when needed.
- We do not provide towels. Swimmers must bring in their own towels.
- NO DIVING! This is a shallow water facility.
- All rules and regulations established for the pool area must be followed.
- All swimmers must take a shower before entering the water. This is an absolute necessity in maintaining quality pool water. Liquid soap is provided in the shower stall for your convenience.
- Swimsuits are required to enter the pool. No cut offs, t-shirts or other clothing is permitted.
- U.S. Coast Guard approved lifejackets may be worn. Complimentary lifejackets are available for daily use on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Glass is not permitted in the pool area. No food of any kind is allowed in the pool area.
- All children ages 6 and under must be accompanied in the water by a chaperone.
- Lockers are available in the locker rooms. We also have complimentary big lockers available for groups. Lockers will be assigned to pool groups and keys can be picked up at the lower level Service Desk. Keys must be returned at the end of your visit. A fee of $150 will be charged for any lost keys. We strongly recommend locking up all personal belongings.
- The whirlpool and upper deck areas are for ages 18 and above only.
We are not able to issue refunds for cancellations. Please make your decision carefully before choosing to book your event.
The Shoreview Community Center is not responsible for any loss, damage, injury, or illness by the users of the facilities within the Community Center or on the surrounding grounds. The City of Shoreview will not be held responsible for items that are left at the facility.