Welcome to the Shoreview Community Center. Please take the time to read our general information and policies. This information will ensure that your group has an enjoyable and safe experience.
- Once a reservation has been authorized, the holder may not transfer or sublet to another party the use of the reserved facility.
- Fees are based on participant numbers. The facility will be formally reserved upon payment of the deposit, which is half of the minimum charge (45 people). Thirty business days prior to the event, the balance or the reservation minimum is due, plus the damage deposit of $100.00. All people attending the party must have a wristband, including chaperoning adults. For every 10 wristbands for youth attendees (aged 17 or under) that are purchased, 1 complimentary wristband will be given to a chaperone.
- Upon arrival, please have all participants meet in the gym so we can get an accurate count and give out pool rules. The Manager on Duty will count the total participants. If there are more than the minimum that has been pre-paid, the balance is due at check in. Payment may be made by cash, credit card or check. Checks are made payable to: City of Shoreview.
- Minimum ratio is 1 chaperone to 10 youth. Chaperones in attendance at the event are responsible for the appropriate behavior of the youths in attendance. Party attendees who break rules or access areas of the building not included in the rental may cause the damage deposit to be forfeited. All guests in attendance of your event (swimming and non-swimming) must be paid for. One chaperone for every ten youth present will be complimentary; any additional must be paid for.
- After hours party attendees should arrive at the facility no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the rental start time. The coordinator of the rental should arrive 30 minutes prior to the event to meet with the manager on duty.
- Attendees of the after-hours party are to use the lower level Community Center entrance and gather as a group in the gym to receive pool rules.
- Decorations, banners or signs may not be pinned, taped, or otherwise affixed to the walls by products other than blue painter’s tape or 3M command adhesive products. Decorations, banners or signs may not be pinned, taped, or otherwise affixed to ceilings or windows.
- The majority of the facility is carpeted. Please do not chew gum in the facility. Peanuts or sunflower seeds may not be served at events.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to consolidate trash in wastebaskets by the end of the rental time.
- Food and beverages served during the rental must only be in the lower lobby area or Beachcomber Bay (if it is included in the rental). Please, no food or beverage in the locker rooms.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the Shoreview Community Center. Designated smoking areas are outside both entrances.
- The serving or consumption of alcohol in the building or on the immediate grounds is prohibited unless authorized by the General Manager. For safety reasons, no alcohol will be permitted in the pool area. Any individual who is intoxicated will be denied entrance to the pool area.
- The applicant is responsible for all damages incurred to the facility during rental times. If there is no damage to the facility during the rental time, a refund of the damage deposit will be mailed in the week following the event.
- The Shoreview Community Center staff are not liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness by the users of the facilities in the Community Center.
- Coat racks will be set up in the lower level area and all jackets and bags should be placed on or near the coat rack. If upper level meeting rooms are included in the rental, the rooms may be used for storage of jackets and bags.
- All items brought in by the renter must be out of the facility by the end time of the rental. Neither the City of Shoreview nor its employees can be held responsible for any items left at the facility by the renter.
- 30 minutes prior to the conclusion of the rental, the group leader will tour the facility with the manager on duty to assess if any damages exist.
- All rules and regulations established for the pool area must be followed.
- All swimmers must take a shower before entering the water. This is an absolute necessity in maintaining quality pool water. Liquid soap is provided in the shower stall for your convenience.
- All food and drink consumption is restricted to the lower lobby only. Beverages in glass containers are not allowed anywhere on the pool deck. If provisions have been made to use the waterslide, all riders must be able to swim unattended to the stairs.
- Floatation devices are not allowed in the pool.
- Locker rooms will be accessible until 30 minutes after the pool rental time is over. After that, the locker room must be cleared of all personal items, so the over-night staff can begin cleaning the locker rooms.
- Volleyball and basketball equipment is available for your use.
- Please, no food or beverage in the gym.
- Use of the track or Fitness Center is not included in rental fees.
- No black soled shoes in the gym.
- No one will be permitted in the playground or gym activity room.
The contract holder is responsible for all damages incurred to the facility during the rental time. Failure to comply with rental policies will result in the forfeiture of your damage deposit. At our discretion, the Shoreview Community Center reserves the right to retain damage deposit fees. Damage deposits are refunded by check within 14 business days following the rental date if all the contractual obligations have been satisfied and there is no damage to the facility or its contents.
All deposits are non-refundable. Cancellations must be submitted in writing.
The Shoreview Community Center is not responsible for any loss, damage, injury, or illness by the users of the facilities within the Community Center or on the surrounding grounds. The City of Shoreview will not be held responsible for items that are left at the facility.